LEADERBOARD CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
MANY WILL PLAY BUT FEW WILL WIN.
(1) Who is eligible to play for prizes? You must be (i) a legal resident of the United States or the District of Columbia; (ii) under the age of 12 at the time of entry to win a prize; and (iii) have your parent or guardian's permission to play games. If you win a prize, the prize will be awarded to your parent or guardian. YOU CANNOT RECEIVE A PRIZE UNLESS YOUR PARENT OR GUARDIAN HAS REGISTERED ON THE PARENT DASHBOARD. Any time you win a prize, the prize claim procedure requires that a parent or guardian contact us to authorize us to sent a prize to you and if requested, fill out an Affidavit of Eligibility/ Release of Liability and Publicity Release Form (collectively "Affidavit/Release"). You may be required to provide proof of age and residency.
(2) How do I play for prizes? Just register on BKCrown.com. You do not need to register to play games, but you must register if you want us to keep track of your Crowns for the Leaderboard. You cannot win a prize unless your parent or guardian has registered on the Parent Dashboard.
(3) What are Crowns? Crowns are virtual points or rewards given to all registered Users for playing games. When awarded, Crowns are automatically tracked in the User's account. Crowns have no monetary value; cannot be exchanged for cash; and cannot be sold or transferred.
(4) Which games will help me earn Crowns? All games on BKCrown.com will help you earn Crowns.
(5) What are the prizes? Remember: MANY WILL PLAY, BUT ONLY A FEW WILL WIN. The prizes for this Contest are:
||ESTIMATED RET. VALUE
|National Winners (10)
||One (1) Ice Age Blu-Ray DVD Set (Includes: Ice Age, Ice Age: The Meltdown, Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs, and Ice Age: Continental Drift)
|State Winners (51)
|| Ice Age: An Augmented Reality Book
TOTAL ESTIMATED VALUE OF ALL PRIZES (61) $1702.15
(6) ONE PRIZE PER PERSON. If you are ranked in the top ten on the National Leaderboard and number one on your state board, you are eligible to receive the prize for the national board only. The state prize will be awarded to the next person on the state board eligible to win. Winner must choose the A or B prize option in his/her Leaderboard category. No more than the stated number of winners shall be awarded prizes.
(7) Crowns are valid ONLY for the current Leaderboard Contest. After the end of the current Contest, the Leaderboard will reset to zero until the beginning of the next Contest. You will be able to play games if there is a break between Contests and earn Crowns, but your Crowns will not be counted on the Leaderboard. Only those Crowns earned during a current Contest will be counted towards your ranking on the Leaderboard.
(8) This is intended to be a contest of skill, with winners selected based upon Crowns earned. MANY WILL PLAY BUT FEW WILL WIN. In the event one or more Users has the same score (a "tie"), Sponsor will look at the date/time the tied scores are reached and the person who reached the score first will be ranked ahead of anyone who reaches the score later. For example, if there is a tie for the 5th through 15th spots on the Leaderboard, Users will be ranked according to the order in which they reach the tied score according to Sponsor’s clock. Prizes will be awarded to Users based upon rankings determined by Sponsor, whose decisions are final.
(9) ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL.
(10) How are Prizes Claimed and Awarded? Your parent or guardian must be registered on the Parent Dashboard and they must provide a valid email address in order for you to claim your prize. If you are winner, we will send an email to your parent or guardian with an Affidavit/Release as an attachment to the e-mail. Your parent or guardian must complete the Affidavit/Release as instructed in the e-mail and provide the requested information. Parents may also be required to take other action, such as having the form notarized and/or providing a photocopy of one (1) form of state or government issued identification that proves state residency and address. Parents must complete all requested actions within the time set forth in the e-mail or communication from Sponsor (or if none is stated, fourteen (14) days). Unless otherwise indicated, parents may complete and return the Affidavit/Release and any other requested documents, via e-mail (with the Affidavit/Release or other required document as a PDF attachment) or via USPS mail. If we do not receive a satisfactorily completed Affidavit/Release or other required documents in the specified time, your prize is forfeited. Sponsor’s decisions whether or not any documentation provided is satisfactory are final. Your prize will be sent via U.S. Mail within two (2) to four (4) weeks of the receipt of the satisfactorily completed Affidavit/Release and other documentation. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt by Sponsor.
(11) Additional and Important Terms:
B) Employees of Burger King Corporation, their subsidiaries, affiliates, parent company, franchisees, agents, promotion partners and licensors, advertising and promotion agencies or any other agencies or entities involved with the development or management of BKCrown.com, (collectively Sponsor Affiliates) and members of their respective families (parents, siblings, children, and spouse and their respective spouses) and/or those residing in the same household (whether related or not) of each of the above are not eligible to win a prize. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
C) No substitution, transfer or assignment of prizes is permitted. If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
D) If a User discontinues his/her account, the User’s Crowns will expire as set forth in paragraph 7 above and are no longer valid. If the Sponsor terminates a User account for any reason, any unused Crowns expire immediately and are no longer valid.
E) In the event of non-compliance with any of the requirements for receiving a prize notification or failure to complete and return of an Affidavit/Release or other requested documentation, the prize is forfeited and will not be awarded. Failure to respond to a prize notification email or communication within the time set forth in a communication from Sponsor (or if none is stated, fourteen (14) days) shall result in forfeiture of the prize. If a prize notification email/communication or prize returned as undeliverable, such prize is forfeited and will not be awarded. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded.
F) All times referenced are expressed as US Eastern Time. The Sponsor's clock is only Official Clock for the purposes of any times/dates used to execute any of the activities for BKCrown.com
G) Any and all tax liability resulting from a winner's receipt of any prize is the responsibility of the winner.
H) By using the site and/or accepting any prize, User and User’s heirs and executors release and hold harmless Sponsor, Leaderboard Contest Promotional Partner and Prize Provider, their respective affiliates and the directors, officers, employees or agents of any of the above entities from any and all liability arising from use of the site and for any injury including personal injury, death, loss or damages of any kind, arising from participation in or in connection with acceptance, possession, use and/or misuse of any prize or participation in the Contest or any claims based on right of publicity/right of privacy.
I) Except where prohibited, by accepting prize, the winner grants Sponsor the right to use and publish his/her photograph, likeness, name, city and state of residence and/or likeness for advertising and promotional purposes in any media in connection with the Contest without limitation and without additional compensation.
J) At the conclusion of any given contest or prize winning cycle and the selection or naming of the published winner(s) for that contest or prize winning cycle, Sponsor has the right to modify any rule associated with prize winning activity including but not limited to the number of winners, the number and value of prizes available, the deadlines for entry or participation or at Sponsor's sole discretion, to discontinue, modify or replace any contest, game or prize winning cycle completely.
K) Sponsor and Sponsor Affiliates are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one's ability to participate in site activity or prize winning activity, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer. Sponsor and Sponsor Affiliates are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, illegible, incomplete, misdirected, damaged or destroyed entries or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections, miscommunications, failed phone or computer hardware or software or telephone transmissions or technical failures, garbled or jumbled transmissions or other errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical or electronic, including, without limitation, the incorrect or inaccurate capture of Crown accumulation.
L) Any Registration, Crown accumulation or other entry material/data that has been tampered with or altered is void. If for any reason, (including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the control of Sponsor or Sponsor Affiliates), which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of BKCrown.com and/or related prize-winning activity, Sponsor shall have the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the all or any portion of site activity without any obligation to award any further prizes. ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF BKCROWN.COM AND/OR THE PRIZE WINNING ACTIVITIES, IS IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
M) Crowns accumulated for prizes are deemed to be held by the individual User associated with the User's account established on BKCrown.com. Any other attempted form of registration or entry is prohibited; no automatic, programmed; robotic or similar means of registration or entry are permitted.
N) Crowns can be acquired only according to the posted rules for the various games on BKCrown.com. Users may use only one (1) type, version or copy of browsing software application at any one (1) time to participate in any game play or prize-winning activity at BKCrown.com. The use of machines, computers, codes, "bots", scripts or any automated system to participate in any activity at BKCrown.com ("Automated Cheats") is strictly prohibited and may result in criminal liability. If in Sponsor's sole determination you have accumulated Crowns through the use of Automated Cheats, or any method not described in the posted rules for various games, Sponsor has the right to remove or block your access to the Leaderboard, invalidate such Crowns, terminate your User account and any further access to BKCrown.com, and/or take any other such action it deems appropriate without further notice or communication to you.
O) DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW. Except where prohibited, each User agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in Miami-Dade County, Florida; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, (including without limitation lost profits) may be awarded (collectively, "Special Damages"), and (4) User hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. Florida law, without reference to Florida's choice of law rules, governs the Contest and all aspects related thereto.
P) Winner's User names will be available at BKCrown.com. Additionally, you can request a list of the winners for any given Leaderboard Contest by sending a self addressed stamped envelope to: BKCrown.com Leaderboard Contest Winners, 5505 Blue Lagoon Drive, Miami, FL 33126 Attn: Manager, Youth and Family Marketing. All requests for winner's lists must be received within two weeks of the end of the Contest that is the subject of the request.
Sponsor: Burger King Corporation, 5505 Blue Lagoon Drive, Miami FL 33126